Thursday, February 18, 2010

My hair cut

Today I went to the hair dressers. I went in with a full head of hair that came half way down my back when it was curly. Now for those that do not know me I have not cut my hair in about twenty years. At that time I was in the sixth grade and decided to cut it really short I could not do anything with it. It took a couple of years to grow out to the point where I could style it again. I hated it and swore I would never cut my hair that short again. I have years of horrible class pictures to reminded me of that terrible decision. To this day day I still have no idea what possessed me to want to cut it that short.

Anyways back to today. I have been planning this for a while I went to the hair dressers and chopped my hair off. I still did not go as short as I had twenty years ago. But I took off twelve inches and when it is straight it comes to my shoulders when it is curly it will be just above the shoulders. Why did I do this well this time I had a purpose. I wanted to donate my hair to locks of love. I know so many people that this organization has helped from family, to friends, co-workers and even students. I wanted to help these people as well. I left the hair dressers feeling good about what I had done. It is going to take a while to get use to the feeling I am still trying to brush out the long hair that is not there but I know I made a difference and its all for a great cause. My twelve inches of hair will benefit someone with cancer and help them feel better about themselves. So that they can keep up their positive attitudes and continue on with their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment